Christmas Creativity & Beyond!
During our Christmas Social’s Show & Share portion, we had members showing off some stunning beadwork, and in the holiday spirit, we also had some fun pieces from Nativity Sets. Instead of trying to remember where you saw it, we decided to just let you know. Check out the Nativity set below and few more in the same vein for flexing your beading skills.
Nativity Collection Kit by Spellbound Bead Co
Kit to make five Nativity figures – the three kings, one camel and one shepherd.
Choose from purple for a camel with a purple blanket and shepherd with a purple jacket or turquoise for a camel with a turquoise blanket and shepherd with a green jacket.
The kit contains a beading needle and all of the beads and thread you need to make all five figures.
In addition to the kit contents you will also need some scissors to trim your thread ends.
Spellbound difficulty rating 4 out of 5 – Experienced. Layered techniques that take a little more concentration.
You can find this Kit and more at Spellbound Beads Co
Beaded Nativity Pattern Set for Beaded Boxes
- This pattern will give you 50 pages of instructions to make Mary, Joseph, Crib, Shepherds and Kings. Note: the Angel is a separate pattern, not included in the full set
- You get over 50 diagrams and over 60 photos to accompany the written instructions
Also includes technique guide to remind you of the basics
- You get a special discount coupon to use on beads
- Choose whether to buy the full set in one pattern or just Mary, Joseph and Crib (34 pages), or Kings (31 pages) or Shepherds (26 pages). Add on the Angel to any of these options (19 pages).
- You will receive the pattern as an automatic download on your receipt. Please remember to check your spam folder if you can’t find the receipt in your inbox. You can also log in to your account on this website to access and download your pattern, or email me if you are having problems.
You can find this set at Bead Flowers
Christmas Project 2018 by ThreadABead
Welcome to ThreadABead’s 2018 Christmas project! This year we have chosen the nativity as our project and of course when ThreadABead does a nativity, we are not just stopping at the figures! Over the course of the project you will be building up an entire nativity scene, something you can treasure and display year after year. In part 5 we will be creating the stable. The entire project will consist of 8 parts in total covering 15 individual beaded elements. All parts do not need to be purchased in order. Please note: Although no knowledge is assumed, it is recommended that the beader does have prior experience of beading. Techniques used are Odd Count Peyote & Round Peyote. As usual with ThreadABead featured patterns we give full detailed photographic instructions and in this part there are 81 detailed steps. Please note the pattern may not work with any other size and type of beads. There are 10 colours in total and the finished beadwork is approximately 5.75 cm (w) x 3 (d) x 4.25 (h) cm. Additionally, gold coloured Nymo thread is also required. A no tangle thread bobbin is useful but optional. The bead pattern supplied is 26 pages with full colour step by step photographic instructions.
You can find the patterns at ThreadABead